Where the Bridge Ends

As I know you've been waiting with bated breath, here are pictures of my new apartment.

Please keep two things in mind: 1) I rent this place furnished, so the furniture and the art were not my idea, and 2) I just moved in, and have not implemented my Grand Decorating Scheme (tm) yet, nor have I unpacked all of my meager possessions.

Living Room:
Living Room
That coffee table is the AWESOMESAUCE. I will wax poetic about its amazing functionality in another post.

Kitchen:
Kitchen

Bedroom:
Bedroom
In this case, yes, I am guilty of the linens. Considering I had to find something fast, I don't think I did too badly.

And finally, the view from my balcony, the River Aire:
River Aire
That tall white building in the background is apparently nicknamed The Dalek. I'm beginning to suspect I'm stuck in an episode of Dr. Who. I really hope I'm not Rose.

Comments

B. Dewhirst said…
Looks like you've got a beautiful view.

Water!
Anonymous said…
The place looks awesome! Enjoy nesting =)

-Jocelyn
Anonymous said…
Um, you are most definitely Martha. Sassy, smart, and A DOCTOR. Oh wait, maybe you're the Doctor. Smart, sexy, adorable, traveling great distances...



Your place is SO COOL. You have a view!! I covet your coffee table. And your apartment, hell, I covet your life. Want to switch? I will trade you kittens for England.
Anonymous said…
I absolutely love your place! It's really wonderful, especially the view. I can totally picture you drinking your morning tea, staring out at the river, and planning your day. I can't wait to see it after you implement your Grand Decorating Scheme (tm), too!

- Rachel
N. Vivian said…
You are not Rose. I don't want to hit you with a truck, remember?

But your place looks comfy. Plenty of room to put up a visiting pal, amiright?
Kat said…
Yes, there is plenty of room for guests. I'll have to acquire an air mattress at some point. Also, Toph will be happy to know that the couch is pretty damn comfy- I fall asleep on it all the time.
Silverback said…
You're not in the 'nicest' part of Leeds but those new apartment buildings have been sprouting up around the riverside area over the last few years faster than you can say 'credit crunch.'

At least you're reasonably well located for a walk to the city centre although as a suburbs dweller (and much older than you), I'd not count that as being a positive.

Hope you settle in happily and get to know the Leeds people and city.
Let me know if I can be of any help........

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the Mack

Kirkstall Abbey

I am about to become trendy. And moderately angry.