Projects!

One of my January goals was to update this blog at least twice a week. I had the best of intentions to do so this week; however, work has been kicking my asstronaut. In a really good way, though. I'm getting experiments done, getting early data to show that later experiments will work, etc. I'm also presenting in group meeting next Monday, so I've been (trying to) putting a presentation together so I don't look like an idiot.

But! Despite my busyness, I have several projects in the works. I'm headed to Kirkstall Abbey on Sunday. I'm hoping to get some good pictures, and some history to go with the pictures. Next weekend is a trip to a churchyard (cemetery) to take some more pictures, and then looking up some more history.

My friend Sam asked me to submit a piece for her variety show in March. I have an idea- pick 4-5 historical pubs in Leeds, and visit them with a video camera. While there, I would drink a beer, (therefore, this would have to be spread out over several nights), and talk about the pub's history. I need to get a hold of a video camera.

Also, I'm being coerced into going to a masquerade ball next month. It's formal dress. I left all my ballgowns in the US, though (don't you hate it when that happens?), so I'm going to sew up one up. I'm using a 1930s ballgown pattern (that I can't find a link for right now, grrr).

And that's the run down of the projects I have in the works. Knowing me, I won't get some of them done.

Comments

Daphne said…
I hope you enjoy Kirkstall Abbey - the museum across the main road is very well worth a visit, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the Mack

Kirkstall Abbey

I am about to become trendy. And moderately angry.