The Adventures of Decorating

I had this problem. This problem was that my apartment felt like a hotel room for a while. I hadn't really done much with it, I think because I was still considering it a temporary arrangement. I hadn't really accepted that Leeds, and my little apartment DOWN BY THE RIVER (shout out to SNL there) were home.

Oddly enough, staying at Melissa and Jon's in the US inspired me to make my apartment home. So I've been on a mad decorating and straightening mission. Would you like to see the results? I thought so!

Let's take a tour of my apartment, starting at the front door:

Front hall
This is the front hall. I had some pictures I had taken on my adventures enlarged. I had five done for about 10 GBP.

Next stop- the bathroom:
Bathroom
Very exciting. The rug is lime green. The bathrobe on the door is teh sex. The brown box on the left hides my pads and my Lush addiction.

Living room:
Couch
The important part of this picture: the throw pillows on the couch. I made those. Also, another enlarged photo on the left.

Cheap n' easy
My cheap n' easy solution for containing my magazines. I bought cardboard magazine holders, and painted them to match my decorating scheme.

Kitchen:
Kitchen
With more enlarged photos. I'm planning on having some more enlarged to hang up.

My pride and joy: my balcony
Pride and Joy
This was the area of my apartment that confounded me the most. It was so bare and unwelcoming, and I didn't know what to do with it. However, one day, I finally hit critical mass with plants, and put some cushions on the chairs. BAM! Now it's perfect. I sit out there doing work all the time.

Bedroom:
Bedroom
I saw this duvet set at the British Wal-Mart and I immediately could see it in my bedroom. Instead of keeping my books in large piles (a bad habit of mine), I use my deep window sills (not a euphemism for anything) as bookshelves.

More bedroom:
Bedroom corner

All told, I spent maybe 45 GBP on new stuff to spruce the place up. It was interesting to mix the apartment's kind of modern minimalist look with my kinda country-crafty style. I think it works, though. Like modern country-crafty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the Mack

Kirkstall Abbey

I am about to become trendy. And moderately angry.