Back in the USA
T rex at the Boston Museum of Science
I went back to the US for two weeks in April. I actually did some touristy things this time, like visit the Boston Museum of Science, The New England Aquarium, Harvard's Natural History Museum, and The Butterfly Place.
Cephalopod chillin' out.
Glass Venus flytraps
Butterflies on a banana bender
In This-Is-Not-a-Sewing-Blog news- my finished Lady Grey jacket, at the Concord Cemetery:
I made no alterations to the original pattern (Colette Patterns #1010), other than to make the seam allowances 1/2" (I find 5/8" too bulky in general). The sleeves aren't 3/4 on me, but are just right full length because I have T rex arms (heh). Shell fabric is some sort of tweed I bought at the city markets, fiber content unknown. Although it sheds like the dickens- my dust bunnies will be green for the next few months.
It was a good visit home. Just like last time, it inspired me to change some things in my life when I got back to Leeds, mainly to de-clutter my life. Cut out those things that were wasting my time, or making me miserable, and focus more on the things I enjoy. There's a lot of stuff in my life that works. I need to focus on that, and not worry about acquiring new stuff.
Comments