The Leeds Owl Trail

I was poking around on the internet, like you do, and I came across this thing called the Leeds Owl Trail. Apparently, owls are a big thing for Leeds. They're everywhere, if you look hard enough. So on Sunday, I printed out a map, and went owl hunting.

First stop, Millennium Square:
Owl Trail- Millennium Square
Owl Trail- Millennium Square
There are four owls in the above picture.

Owl Trail- Leeds City Museum
It took me a while to find the owls in the City Museum carving.
Owl Trail-Leeds City Museum

Next stop, St. Anne's Catherdral:
Owl Trail- St. Anne's Cathedral
I think these guys are my favorites. I walk by them everyday on my way to work.

Then, Municipal Building:
Owl Trail- Municipal Buildings

The Corn Exchange:
Owl Trail- Corn Exchange
I love the inside of the Corn Exchange.
Owl Trail- Corn Exchange

Malmaison Hotel (formerly the Leeds City Tramways Department):
Owl Trail- Malmaison Hotel

And finally, Leeds Bridge:
Owl Trail- Bridge End
Not sure what's going on with the sheep there.

Comments

Kirsty said…
the sheep (well the fleece) is being weighed - it's a symbol of the textile industry there used to be in leeds.

whilst you were near the civic hall, did you see the turtles?
Kat said…
Re: the sheep I thought that was what it represented, but I wasn't sure.

There are turtles?! I'll have to go back and find them. The city I used to live in had a very... unique turtle statue near city hall. It was nicknamed the "TurtleLove Boy" statue.

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the Mack

Kirkstall Abbey

I am about to become trendy. And moderately angry.