What I've Been Up To

Steak & Lube

1. Complaining about the weather. While the temperature has been AWESOME (in the 70s) for my New England blood, the lack of sunlight is being to kill me. I think I got spoiled when I was in Madison, WI.

2. Speaking of Madison, WI, I attended the Int'l DNA Tumor Virus conference there this year. I gave a 12 minute talk which went really well. Phenomenal even, according to my boss.

3. Putting together a sewing project board for a Fall 2010 collection. The palette is red, turquoise, aubergine, gold, greys, and black/white.
Fall 2010 Project "board"
The beginnings. You can see more detail here.

4. Got my hair cut a little differently. It requires... product. And a hair dryer. *shudders* But, I'm told it looks nice.

5. Made cassoulet!
Cassoulet
From Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I cut the recipe down to 1/3 of the original, and I still ate it for almost every meal for a week. It was very good, but not perfect. I'm going to work on it. I also would like to attempt coq au vin one of these days.

Comments

Kelly said…
I can't believe you went to Quaker Steak and Lube. I Love that place! The original is about an hour from my parents' house and we go there often when I'm home to visit. Did you get the onion rings?

BTW - I think coq au vin is a lot easier to make than cassoulet.
Kat said…
I didn't actually go to Quaker Steak and Lube. The conference had us locked up the entire week.

I'm made cheaters coq au vin before. I think it's time to make the real thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the Mack

Kirkstall Abbey

I am about to become trendy. And moderately angry.