Crafty MacCrafterson

I finally finished my Lady Grey coat!
Lady Grey- Finished!

Only nearly two months late for the Sew-A-Long. Better late than never. Or better late than pregnant, as Blanche from The Golden Girls would say. Eventually I'll get a picture of me wearing it, but right now I am vain and my skin is a mess.

Lining
Button Close Up

This sucker is a lot warmer than I originally thought it was going to be, so perhaps it's for the best that I didn't finish it for the fall. I would have roasted. As it is, with temps in the 20s (Fahrenheit) right now, it's nice and cozy.

I'm still working on the rest of my Fall 2010 collection. I finished a dress and two blouses (no pictures of those yet, argh). I have a skirt and another dress to finish. I was going to do two slips as well, but my sewing machine HATES slippy fabric, and the stitches are awful on the one I attempted. I added a giant scarf to the collection. It is my current obsession to get done:
Brian Slade

It's grown by a couple repeats since I took that picture. It will be 7.5 feet long when I'm done.

I totaled up the garments I've sewn in 2010. I made:
5 blouses
4 dresses
2 coats, and
1 skirt.

I'm hoping to add another skirt to that list before the New Year. I've got just over a week. I can do it.

Comments

kristina said…
The coat looks absolutely fabulous. Where did you find such a gorgeous lining?

Very impressed with your Fall 2010 Collection! And I bet you can finish another skirt this coming week!

K x
Kat said…
The lining I got in a shop in town. Samuel Taylor, I think it's called.

Thanks! I think I can finish the skirt since I have Christmas Eve off, and I'm not going anywhere for Christmas Day. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the Mack

Kirkstall Abbey

I am about to become trendy. And moderately angry.