The Snowpacalypse, Writing and Knitting
The big news around these parts: the snow:


We got quite a bit of it.
What happened to the month of November? Oh, right, I was busy writing a novel. I did NaNoWriMo this year, after a three year hiatus. I didn't think I was going to make the 50k word goal, but I did: 50,012. I found it tougher this year than in the past. My inner editor has gotten a lot stronger over the years, and I think she makes it difficult to just sit down and write.
The good thing about NaNoWriMo is that it has given me the urge to keep a journal again. I kept one faithfully from the age of 14 until I was 20. I remember being so proud of myself when I filled the first one- a spiral bound number with a crushed blue velvet cover (shut up, it was the 90's, crushed velvet was HOT). I filled about half of the second one before I stopped for some reason.
Now I want to keep a journal again, just to learn to turn off that inner editor. I bought a cheap bright blue one yesterday, and forced myself to write a couple pages without worrying about whether it made any sense or not. Logical progression of ideas isn't necessary in a journal. I must remember that.
I've also kept working on my scarf:

I've named it Brian Slade, since I worked on a fair chunk of it while watching Velvet Goldmine one night. All it needs is glitter eye makeup and platform boots.
We got quite a bit of it.
What happened to the month of November? Oh, right, I was busy writing a novel. I did NaNoWriMo this year, after a three year hiatus. I didn't think I was going to make the 50k word goal, but I did: 50,012. I found it tougher this year than in the past. My inner editor has gotten a lot stronger over the years, and I think she makes it difficult to just sit down and write.
The good thing about NaNoWriMo is that it has given me the urge to keep a journal again. I kept one faithfully from the age of 14 until I was 20. I remember being so proud of myself when I filled the first one- a spiral bound number with a crushed blue velvet cover (shut up, it was the 90's, crushed velvet was HOT). I filled about half of the second one before I stopped for some reason.
Now I want to keep a journal again, just to learn to turn off that inner editor. I bought a cheap bright blue one yesterday, and forced myself to write a couple pages without worrying about whether it made any sense or not. Logical progression of ideas isn't necessary in a journal. I must remember that.
I've also kept working on my scarf:
I've named it Brian Slade, since I worked on a fair chunk of it while watching Velvet Goldmine one night. All it needs is glitter eye makeup and platform boots.
Comments
The scarf is gorgeous!
And I've never been able to keep a journal. The blog is the closest I've ever come. And I'd never be able to write a novel. Very impressed.
K x