Being a Tourist in London: A Pictoral Essay

My friend Kelly came to visit last week. We headed to London for a few days, and I got to play tourist. It was nice to stop pretending like I actually knew how to live here, and just be a dumb American for a little while.

Look Kids!
Look kids! It's Big Ben!

The London Eye
The World's Largest Originally Temporary Ferris Wheel.

Robot
Giant robot outside a store called "Cyberdog". The outside of the store was more interesting than the inside, which looked like all it sold was t-shirts and loud music.

Victorian Tiled Wall
Victorian tiled wall chronicling the gruesome ways people died saving other people. This wall was featured in the movie "Closer". I don't recommend the movie, every character is a total ass and unlikeable, but the wall is fantastic.

Gravestones for Miss Inertia
Gravestones. No idea where they're from, or if anyone is buried underneath them.

Police box!
Police box for the Doctor Who fans among us. Yet more evidence that I am stuck in an episode of Doctor Who.

The London Wall
A piece of the Roman Wall, which surrounded the original London settlement. A study in contrasts.

Over the Stage
Over the stage at The Globe, with bored schoolchildren in the background.

Forbidden Planet
Comic book, scifi/fantasy book store, named after one of my favorite movies.

The Ward of Cheap
I should live here.

More pictures can be found at my flickr page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the Mack

Kirkstall Abbey

I am about to become trendy. And moderately angry.