Kat's Big Fat European Vacation- Part I Tolouse
For my 31st birthday, I went to Toulouse, Barcelona, and Rome with a couple friends. It was my first trip to the continent, and my first adventure into places where English wasn't the primary language spoken. Since I'm terribly lazy, English is the only language I speak with any proficiency.



Toulouse was our first official stop. Home of the Basilica of Saint Sernin:



And the Church of the Jacobins:


As well as cassoulet. I do not have a picture of the cassoulet, but I am attempting to make my own this weekend.
We also ventured out to some of the Bastide towns in the neighboring area on my birthday. We ended up visiting 8 of them. This towns are characterized by a central market hall, and a church slightly out of the center of town:

Cologne market hall

and church.

Birthday rosé.
Loads more pictures here. I'll do separate posts for Barcelona and Rome.



Toulouse was our first official stop. Home of the Basilica of Saint Sernin:



And the Church of the Jacobins:


As well as cassoulet. I do not have a picture of the cassoulet, but I am attempting to make my own this weekend.
We also ventured out to some of the Bastide towns in the neighboring area on my birthday. We ended up visiting 8 of them. This towns are characterized by a central market hall, and a church slightly out of the center of town:

Cologne market hall

and church.

Birthday rosé.
Loads more pictures here. I'll do separate posts for Barcelona and Rome.
Comments